Job title: Area Financial Manager for a growing Innovative 3PL Logistics, Warehouse, Transportation Company
Company: Vertical Careers, Inc.
Job description: Area Financial Manager
The Area Financial Manager will manage all aspects of planning, forecasting, analysis and reporting for the field operations locations at an area level. Leads and directs the financial teams to support sales and operations. Position will provide contract knowledge and analytical support for various processes as well as provide additional support to other functional areas.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Ensure controllership practices at the District/Area level.
- Train District Financial Managers, processors, and shop personnel on electronic systems and procedures.
- Identify profit opportunities
- Analyze contractual rebill and recovery opportunities
- Work closely with the Maintenance Leaders on financial process compliance
- Conduct District Administrative reviews of inventory procedures
- Articulate the value proposition to the field and to our customers by identifying the critical metrics that should be measured to determine Penske’s performance.
- Effectively service our customers by developing a risk/reward strategy.
- Assist Area Vice-President and Districts in business planning process.
- Visit customers to insure their satisfaction with Company Administrative Processes as it affects them.
- Conduct Profit Center/Customer Profitability Reviews with area and District Staffs.
- Insure accounts receivable compliance with Company guidelines.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by Area VP
- BS/BA in Business or Accounting required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years experience with accounting process and financial reporting
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Operational Finance experience with inventory moving industries, such as 3PL, warehouse/transportation, wholesale/distribution, manufacturing, CPG, packaging, food & beverage, aerospace & defense, etc.
- Excellent communication and people skills required
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills required
- Data mining and report tool (experience Oracle, Business Objects, etc.) preferred
- Quality program certification (Six Sigma, ISO, LEAN, etc.) preferred
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of company systems and procedures preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary
Location: Dallas, TX
Job date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 22:48:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!