Job title: Administrator, Network & Telecommunications
Company: Simon Property Group
Job description: Job Location: Corporate Indianapolis
The Telecommunications Administrator role is to ensure the stability and integrity of Simon’s voice, SIP, Teams telephony, stand-alone phone systems and other associated services. It is expected that this person is the liaison to our operations and networking teams, end users, and application owners on matters regarding performance, availability, and security. This individual will also analyze and resolve telecom hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced helpdesk personnel. This person will report to the Network and Telecommunications Engineer and the Manager of Network and Telecommunications Service Delivery.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Manage a voice infrastructure environment consisting of 200+ malls, outlets, regional offices and Data Centers utilizing VoIP, SIP, Cisco Call Manager and Unity, Nortel, Teams Telephony, Star2Star, and other systems.
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of one or several of the following disciplines: VoIP, SIP, Cisco Call Manager and Unity, Nortel, Teams Telephony, Star2Star, and other systems.
- Install, support and configure Cisco routers and switches as well as all necessary security applications. Provide ongoing network maintenance, including updates and security patches.
- Monitor, evaluate, and solve potential call performance issues. Manage voice infrastructure-related and other network requests and problems. Support customers and employees via email, telephone, and face-to-face interaction.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to the installation, administration, and maintenance of voice infrastructure.
- Monitor and test voice performance and provide voice performance statistics and reports.
- Ensure changes are planned and implemented in a sound low risk manner, without creating system outage
- University degree in computer science/electrical engineering or 2 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Cisco, Microsoft or any VoIP disciplines a plus.
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, VOIP, troubleshooting and implementation. Specifically, VoIP, SIP, Cisco Call Manager and Unity, Nortel, Teams Telephony, Star2Star vendors and technologies.
- Proven experience with voice management best practices.
- Working technical knowledge of current voice hardware, protocols, and Internet standards.
- Excellent network troubleshooting experience, ability to conduct research into voice issues and products as required.
- Demonstrated competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Travel could range from 15% – 25% to data center and business meetings.
- Communicates regularly with peers, colleagues, and senior leadership.
- Uses computer frequently.
- Communicates with business leaders, discerns key issues, and recommends solutions.
- Install/remove equipment in data centers.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment to determine appropriate solutions for technical issues.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 02:01:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!