Job title: Administrative Support Assistant – CAPS (Medical Admin Assistant) (Multiple Positions)
Company: University of Arizona
Job description: Administrative Support Assistant – CAPS (Medical Administrative Assistant) (Multiple Positions) (Updated)
Posting Number req10025
Department Campus Health and Wellness
Department Website Link https://health.arizona.edu
Location Main Campus
Address Tucson, AZ USA
Position Highlights Note: This posting has been updated to reflect that full or part time positions are available.
The University of Arizona, Campus Health Serviceâs (CHS) Counseling & Psych Services (CAPS) department is seeking a reliable, responsive, and professional candidate for the position of Medical Administrative Assistant. This position demands high levels of judgement and discretion, comfort, and sensitivity to a wide array of cultural and individual differences and lifestyles. The position requires consistent attendance, the ability to multitask despite frequent interruptions, an ability to remain calm under pressure, and a helpful demeanor; both in person and over the phone. In addition to reception and phone duties, frequent interface with computer systems is necessary. It involves a combination of clerical duties and basic medical intake procedures, interfacing with students (patients), parents, medical staff, pharmacies, and other counseling and medical providers.
The CHS was the first fully accredited college health service in the nation and in the Princeton Review, the CHS has been ranked in the top 4% for Best Health Services for the past five years. The CHS is committed to positioning itself as an exceptional student health center by fostering an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse backgrounds of our employees and the community we serve. It is a diverse organization of over 160 employees who are committed to improving the health and safety of college students. For more information on the CHS, please go to https://www.health.arizona.edu.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please .
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide reliable, attentive, and professional support for a multi-disciplinary mental health staff.
- Schedule appointments for counseling, by phone and in person, utilizing an electronic scheduling system with multiple coding elements.
- Work closely and cooperatively with members of the counseling and psychiatry staff to ensure excellent service delivery.
- Receive and relay messages accurately from callers, providers, and phone message lines.
- Assist students and other service users by answering questions and/or providing information based on a thorough knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
- Enter and retrieve relevant patient information, utilizing the electronic medical record; ensure accurate billing using a variety of accounts.
- Confirm insurance coverage and enter coverage details into the electronic medical record system.
- Establish, organize, and maintain record keeping systems.
- Take accurate minutes at CAPS; type and disseminate these electronically, in a coherent and timely manner.
- Assist with the monitoring and ordering of office supplies.
- Work cooperatively as a team to ensure consistent coverage at the CAPS front desk in multiple locations.
Attend relevant meetings, as indicated. * Distribute relevant screening instruments to the patient prior to their appointment; manage the paper screening instruments and scan information into the medical record.
- Obtain outside medical records prior to patient appointments, when indicated.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Sensitivity to diversity and multicultural issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional face to face, telephonic, and online communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, exude a helpful demeanor; and display a professional customer service orientation.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as a member of a team.
- Experience with operating a Windows based computer and multi-line telephone system; an ability to utilize an electronic scheduling system.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of basic record keeping, standard office procedures and skill operating current office equipment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage information from multiple sources.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Ambulatory health clinic experience, especially in a mental health clinic setting.
- Two years of medical office experience; especially with adolescent or young adult populations.
- Experience with electronic medical records.
- Ability to obtain CPR certification within 6 months of employment and ongoing recertification
Full Time/Part Time Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week 20 – 40
Job FTE 0.5 – 1.00
Work Calendar Fiscal
Job Category Health Care and Wellness
Benefits Eligible Yes – Full Benefits
Rate of Pay $15.00
Compensation Type hourly rate
Career Stream and Level OC1
Job Family Health Admin
Job Function Health Care & Wellness
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies 3
Target Hire Date 6/6/2022
Expected End Date
Contact Information for Candidates Patricia R. Morales, PHR
Campus Health Service
Open Date 5/16/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
Documents Needed to Apply Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Diversity Statement At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 22:10:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!