Job title: Administrative Assistant – Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
Company: University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Job description: What we do here changes the world. UTHealth Houston is Texas’ resource for healthcare education, innovation, scientific discovery, and excellence in patient care. That’s where you come in.
UTHealth Houston Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences is hiring an Administrative Assistant to support the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences.
In this role, the Administrative Assistant will:
- Provide reception to the 3rd floor front desk as the single point of contact for all guests, visitors, patients.
- Answer incoming calls to the department
- Triage messages to all faculty and staff
- Assist with management of incoming faxes
- Assist with mail distribution, packet delivery and package pickup in mailroom
- Manage schedule for DMO
- Manage scheduling for all conference rooms in the department
- Assist with internal events, planning and coordinating
- Assist to maintain supplies in store room, mailroom, and break room
Position Type: Full Time / Salaried / Non-Exempt
Location: Behavioral and Biomedical Services @ 1941 East Road, Houston, TX 77054
Once you join us you won’t want to leave. It’s because we reward our team for the excellent service they provide. Our total rewards package includes the benefits you’d expect from a top healthcare organization (benefits, insurance, etc.), plus:
- 100% paid medical premiums for our full-time employees
- Generous time off (holidays, preventative leave day, both vacation and sick time – all of which equates to around 37-38 days per year)
- The longer you stay, the more vacation you’ll accrue!
- Longevity Pay (Monthly payments after two years of service)
- Build your future with our awesome retirement/pension plan!
We take care of our employees! As a world-renowned institution, our employees’ wellbeing is important to us. We offer work/life services such as…
- Free financial and legal counseling
- Free mental health counseling services
- Gym membership discounts and access to wellness programs
- Other employee discounts including entertainment, car rentals, cell phones, etc.
- Resources for child and elder care
- Plus many more!
Provides general administrative support to a department or group of professionals under general supervision. Performs work that is varied and generally administrative and/or project oriented. Work occasionally requires use of initiative and judgment. This position may provide secretarial support. Departments may provide additional guidance with a departmental position description.
Position Key Accountabilities: * Resolves routine inquiries and questions and responds to non-routine correspondence or telephone contacts in area of responsibility within guidelines established by supervisor.
- Composes correspondence and memoranda; prepares graphs, tables and manuscripts; prepares reports and presentation materials.
- Schedules and maintains calendars and travel itineraries; coordinates related arrangements in compliance with all University, governmental, and/or grant policies and guidelines.
- Develops filing systems; maintains files, records and reports for assigned area.
- Receives, classifies, reconciles, consolidates, and/or summarizes documents and information.
- Compiles data from reports using required knowledge of departmental, project, and/or university policies and procedures.
- May be responsible for or assists with data entry and basic processing for the financial and/or human resources systems.
- Schedules meetings and rooms, invites participants, and arranges refreshments and equipment as needed. May prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- May be required to maintain office supplies and equipment.
- Screens calls and emails and receives and directs visitors.
- Retrieves information from departmental and/or project records and may produce reports.
- Handles confidential information and sensitive issues.
- Provides back-up for other support staff as needed.
- May provide guidance and direction to lower level staff. May train entry level clerical staff. May lead support staff.
- May serve as administrative liaison with others within and outside assigned areas regarding administrative issues on purchasing, personnel, facilities and operations.
- May be assigned routine budget or financial responsibilities by supervisor.
- May maintain or reconcile financial records/reports.
- Advises on policy and processes as assigned by supervisor. Is responsible for making routine decisions and judgment calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working knowledge of standard Office Software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
Use of University financial systems may be required.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Associates degree preferred.
Four (4) years related work experience required.
Prior experience with scheduling, maintaining calendars, and travel itineraries required.
Prior experience preparing meeting materials or general reports preferred.
May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
If you are looking for a great healthcare career in Houston, visit !
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
Established in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is Houston’s Health University and Texas’ resource for health care education, innovation, scientific discovery and excellence in patient care. The most comprehensive academic health center in the UT System and the U.S. Gulf Coast region, UTHealth is home to schools of biomedical informatics, biomedical sciences, dentistry, nursing and public health and the John P. and Kathrine G. McGovern Medical School. UTHealth includes The University of Texas Harris County Psychiatric Center, as well as the growing clinical practices UT Physicians, UT Dentists and UT Health Services. The university’s primary teaching hospitals are Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital.
UTHealth offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. For more information on our benefits programs please refer to the UTHealth Office of Benefits Website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
UTHealth is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment-related activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law or university policy. Reasonable accommodation, based on disability or religious observances, will be considered in accordance with applicable law and UTHealth policy. The University maintains affirmative action programs with respect to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and eligible veterans in accordance with applicable law.
UTHealth has adopted a policy consistent with CMS regulations to protect our patients and university community from exposure to COVID-19. This policy affects all employees, residents, fellows, students, contractors, new hires, visiting scholars program participants, adjunct faculty, and volunteers who work, train, or collaborate at the John S. Dunn Behavioral Science Center.
In addition, all UTHealth employees who are assigned to work at a location that is subject to the affiliated partner’s hospital, clinical offices, or agency are required to abide by UTHealth’s rules and regulations, as well as the affiliate’s rules and regulations, including COVID-19 vaccination and safety requirements.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 02:23:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!