Job title: Accounting Team Leader
Job description: Accounting Team Leader
What Sets Us Apart
At UMortgage, we have a customer-centric, service-based approach. We primarily focus on home purchases, providing an emphasis on consumer education, real estate agent relationships, and a personalized experience for home buyers. Our goal is to empower our team members to provide a best-in-class experience at all times while prioritizing long-lasting relationships.
What We Need
UMortgage is looking for a highly motivated Accounting Team Leader with a strong attention to detail and a desire to make an impact. In this role, you will perform monthly accounting functions and help define critical processes as our organization grows. We are looking for a self-starter who possesses a strong understanding of GAAP, great analytical and problem-solving skills and works diligently to provide timely and accurate results. Looking for an opportunity to utilize your accounting experience and drive innovation on a growing team? Apply today!
What You’ll Do
- Execute accurate and timely reporting during the month-end close process including journal entries, accruals, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Lead daily financial operations related to mortgage loans. Validate, record, and reconcile transaction details related to funding, servicing, and secondary sale.
- Prepare month-end balance sheet and income statement review with variance analysis.
- Prepare financial statements, analysis, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes.
- Create and implement accounting policies and procedures and update as needed to be in compliance with GAAP and state-level regulations.
- Assist in managing the external audit and compliance examinations including preparation of documentation and ongoing support.
- Partner with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to identify areas for improvement and solve problems including post-close and capital markets to resolve funding and sale variances.
- Drive process improvement and design of automation solutions to further streamline real-time financial data for decision making.
- Direct and review the work of accounting team members and enhance their development.
- Work closely and field questions from senior leadership on the accounting cycles.
- Additional responsibilities related to business needs.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master’s degree in Accounting and/or CPA certification
- 3-4 years of experience in financial accounting within the mortgage industry
- Working knowledge of GAAP requirements
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Experience working with change management initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated business acumen and attention to details
- Proven ability to learn new business concepts and skills quickly
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 04:57:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!