Job title: Accounting Specialist
Company: Sacramento Credit Union
Job description: Sacramento Credit Union is seeking candidates who have credit union or banking experience and enjoy doing a variety of detail-oriented general accounting functions for our Accounting Specialist position. This position requires general knowledge of credit union practices, accounting principles, and the ability to work independently, follow department procedures, policies and complete general functions in an accurate and timely manner.
This is a full-time position with a fixed schedule so it’s perfect for individuals wanting a work/life balance. A typical schedule includes 40 hours/week working Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and overtime as needed.
Job responsibilities include:
- Performs detailed accounting assignments requiring basic knowledge of accounting theory and principles.
- Reconciles assigned general ledger accounts, including researching transactions, identifying issues, and posting of adjusting journal entries.
- Places currency and coin orders for ATM machines and branch vaults.
- Prepares daily and weekly reconcilement of change funds on hand and at Loomis.
- Processes and reconciles corporate checks, issued and cleared, including exceptions and adjustments.
- Reviews and files Currency Transaction Reports for Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. plus related work experience normally obtained in an accounting position.
- Demonstrated accounting experience preferably in a financial institution.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and GL account reconcilement.
- Ability to work evening hours on final working day of month, and rarely but plausible to work on Saturdays or Holidays as needed.
- Ability to use computer programs including MS Word and Excel, 10-key, and office equipment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail skills, ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision; Paid Time Off; 11 paid holidays; company-paid life insurance/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability; 401(k); subsidized parking, and more for full-time employees.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Sacramento, CA
Job date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 04:57:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!