Job title: ACCOUNTING /HR ADMIN
Job description: WHY HOMESTEAD?
The iconic Homestead located in Midway, Utah provides an approachable luxury hospitality experience and offers each guest the opportunity to return to a more nostalgic time, creating an authentic and enriching experience that cannot be duplicated complete with newly renovated accommodations, peaceful conference facilities, an 18-hole championship golf course, outstanding cuisine, and boundless recreation amidst classic architecture and an inspiring atmosphere nestled in the natural beauty of the Heber Valley. Homestead has been built on rich tradition and history for over 100 years!
To add to this tradition and history, we are looking for a dynamic and detail-oriented Accounting / HR Admin who is passionate about people, processes, and being an essential member of the team to show our guests and employees the meaning of enriched hospitality through approachable luxury. If your passion is creating hospitable and memorable experiences while taking part in a rewarding work culture and environment, apply today!
The overall objective and purpose of the Accounting/ HR Admin is to assist in the operation of the accounting and HR processes by providing assistance in the areas of accounting, employment, onboarding, hiring, team member relations, and training. The Accounting/ HR Admin will thrive by being self- motivated, providing solutions, demonstrating excellent interpersonal and technical skills, and executing the ability to build professional relationships by understanding and relating to others as an effective and engaged team member in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Review daily deposit reconciliation and cash postings, including variances.
- Review and record all accounts payable and other disbursements.
- Assist with inventory preparation and supervision, along with other reports.
- Notify Controller or General Manager immediately of any discrepancies or inconsistencies identified in financial, operational, or computer system controls.
- Assist Controller and Strategic Team in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Oversee the travel agent commission payment process.
- Work with night audit team members to ensure financials are closed timely and accurately.
- Promote company culture and core values through planned activities.
- Assist in processing of new hire onboarding in HRIS system.
- Assist in the maintaining of accurate team member records and compliance.
- Provide support in the areas of employment, team member relations, and training.
- Coordinate and administer various human resource programs and systems to aid in the retention and motivation of team members in accordance to culture, policies, and procedures.
- Daily administration of various team member relations programs.
- Assist in new hire orientation; overview of benefits to new team members, instruct on completion of enrollment forms and audit for accuracy, provide overview of company handbook.
- Assist with creative recruiting tactics, career fairs, and talent marketing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- General knowledge of the accounting function including preparation, balancing, internal controls, and taxes.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Must excel in attention to detail and the ability to stay focused on tasks while prioritizing time and deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Should possess the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work either independently or collaboratively as needed.
- Conduct self in a manner of a high level of confidentially, good judgement, and privacy.
- Strong initiative and follow through are essential.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be hospitality oriented and possess the ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of federal and state HR compliance regulations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and operate in the role with the highest of ethical standards and professionalism are required.
- A minimum of 2 years accounting / HR related experience preferred
- Certified accounting experience a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, Excel, and MS Word required
- Experience with financial, accounting, and HR databases and HRIS systems
EDUCATION/ FORMAL TRAINING
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Human Resources Management field or equivalent education. Experience preferred.
- Work inside 95% of day.
- Working schedule: Full-time, M-F, 8am 5pm at property. Schedule may vary according to business demands and needs.
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Transporting supplies up to 35 lbs., carrying training materials.
- Bending/kneeling to lower filing cabinets or bottom desk drawers for materials.
- Mobility: need to be able to move about the hotel to maintain team member relations.
- Possess the ability to move around office to access files.
- Continuous standing to assist in training sessions.
- No climbing or driving required.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Employer Paid Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Accident & Critical Illness insurance
- Paid time off for vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Eligible to participate in the Companys 401(k) program with employer matching
- Complimentary employee lunch
- Free golf!
- Friends & Family Discount at Homestead
- Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program
Homestead is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Midway, UT
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 22:23:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!