Job title: Accounting Assistant
Job description: Duration:0-6 month(s)
- The Client is seeking an Accounting Assistant to compile data, compute fees and charges and prepare invoices for billing purposes.
- A typical Accounting Assistant is responsible for computing company charges, itemizing statements or invoices and computing payroll.
- Balance and reconcile batch control totals with source documents or computer listings in order to locate errors, encode correct amounts, or prepare correction records.
- Prepare itemized statements, ills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Reconcile and post receipts for cash received by various departments.
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data and keeping other records concerning costs and shipments.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s degree in accounting or related financial discipline preferred.
- 0-2 years financial and/or accounting experience required.
Location: Omaha, NE
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 01:50:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!