Job title: Accounting Advisory Senior Manager
Company: BPM Accounting and Consulting
Job description: BPM Overview:
What does BPM stand for? Innovation, opportunity, community, diversity, inclusivity, flexibility and so much more.
B-P-M stands for “Because People Matter,” because at our core, our people drive everything we do and how we do it.
We are a forward-thinking, full-service accounting firm providing modern solutions to businesses across the globe. We focus on comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services for our clients, and we provide our people and our community with the resources to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
While we are one of the largest California-based accounting firms, our flexible work locations and schedules mean we have professionals across the continent. BPM offers a rich diversity in clients, industries, and overall work. Our teams and our clients drive us to provide quality services and ignite unique insights and ideas that contribute to our continued success. Our clients come from different backgrounds and industries, which keep our people intellectually challenged every day.
Our initiatives and ideals lead to our continued recognition as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area and beyond. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Accounting Advisory Overview:
BPM’s Business & Outsourcing Services team provides comprehensive financial and business advisory services to private, owner-run companies, including family-owned businesses and start-ups. We do this by providing outsource accounting services, cash flow modeling, financial reporting. We also represent companies in securing loans and financing, develop succession plans and exit strategies, and support company growth through tax planning, risk management, system and processes optimization and merger and acquisition integration.
In addition, as part of the Advisory Service Line, our Business Enterprise Services Team (BEST) works with clients on their ERP system implementation needs, introducing and utilizing technology, to streamline their accounting processes and procedures.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work for” by Accounting Today.
You Will (Job Responsibilities):
- Lead engagement teams providing Accounting Advisory services, including ERP implementations.
- Responsible for managing most of the day to day accounting for multiple clients.
- Assist in month-end close to include A/P, A/R, journal entries, account reconciliations and assisting in the preparation of financial statements.
- Research, understand and apply complex accounting concepts.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, thus driving clients’ satisfaction.
- Communicate effectively with clients to convey team findings, status, and recommendations.
- Collaborate with BPM and client leadership regarding client business issues and potential solutions.
- Assist with firm administration (e.g., Set engagement budgets, select staff and assign workloads, client billings, etc.)
- Develop, motivate and mentor staff by providing training, regular feedback and career guidance while fostering a team environment.
- Participate in advancing the firm’s Accounting Advisory practice through committees and internal initiatives such as recruiting, business development, marketing, and knowledge sharing.
- Draft and assist in the delivery of proposals for engagements by knowing the range of firm services.
You Have (Requirements):
- Minimum 7 years’ experience between both public accounting and industry as part of an accounting function.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or related business / technical field.
- CPA license required. Implementation certification with Intacct or NetSuite a plus.
- Demonstrated management experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience developing and mentoring junior level staff.
- Strong operational and technical accounting background, including ability to research complex technical accounting issues independently
- Professionalism and discretion in interacting with firm leadership and client executives.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to address both executive and technical level audiences.
- Proven track record of showing initiative and interest in business development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability and interest to develop talent at all levels, and get involved in the recruitment and hiring process.
- High energy, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit!
- Ability to think strategically.
- Knows what it takes to give your business the competitive advantage. Ability to operate at a high level in a dynamic environment.
- Can develop relevant, sustainable solutions.
- Aligns the right resources to the task at hand; foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Is driven by results.
- Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on both the bottom line and customer success .
- Develop talent at all levels, and is involved in the recruitment and hiring of new team members.
- A true influencer. Someone who is passionate about their work and motivates everyone around them.
- You are collaborative, proactive, creative, entrepreneurial, and thrive in fast-paced environment.
Wondering if you should apply?
BPM is powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. We recognize, develop, and empower talent and encourage diversity of thought. Your point of view, skillset and experience will only make us stronger, so if you’re eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note – this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.
BPM COVID Vaccination Policy
Effective July 1, 2021, only fully vaccinated employees will be permitted to enter our offices until further notice. Fully vaccinated means there has been a 2 full week period since the last vaccine. All employees must wear a mask until further notice.
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Job date: Thu, 07 Apr 2022 23:20:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!