Job title: Access Control Project Technician
Job description: Wachter’s greatest asset is the people who work here. Join the Wachter family and chart your career path!
We’ve been in business since 1930! We are a nationwide Service and Projects, High and Low voltage company. Family Owned and Operated.
All 50 States and Puerto Rico. More than 1500 Employees and growing!
Wachter Shows our Appreciation to our Employees by paying 100% of all Medical, Dental, Prescription and Life Insurance premiums for our Employees, Thier Spouses and Children up to age 19!! That’s right!! Take home more money and still have all the benefits you need to cover your Family!
Wachter is accepting applications for Access Control Project Technicians for installation and services project work at various retail locations across the United States.
We seek self-motivated and reliable technicians for service and special installation projects, who can work independently and find solutions to complete the job. Long-term employment with competitive pay and exceptional benefits for qualified candidates. We value relationships and invest in our employees.
Benefits Package: Company Paid!
- Medical, Dental, Prescription & Vision Benefits
- Life, AD&D, and LTD insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Teladoc & TriaHealth
- Company-Matched 401K and IRA Retirement Savings
- Per-Diem paid when overnight travel is required
- Drive time and mileage paid for use of a personal vehicle when travel is required
- Company vehicles could be provided after an initial 2-4 weeks of employment
- Experience in field installation experience in the security environment: CCTV, Alarm, Fire, and Access Control.
- Available to travel.
- Experience reading blueprints and site maps.
- Experience in CCTV, voice, and data cabling is a plus.
- Assist with pre-installation opportunities by designing and planning technical solutions.
- Perform new installs and provide technical escalation support both on-site at customer locations as well as remotely via the phone and specialized tools.
- Excellent customer relationship and communication skills; verbal and written.
- Has basic telecommunication tools, PPE, and reliable transportation during the training period prior to issuing a company vehicle.
- Computer/laptop/smartphone proficiency.
- Highly proficient with the use of email, spreadsheets, and the ability to learn internal systems.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record; no DUI or DWI in the last three years.
- Installing, troubleshooting, and repairing cabling systems and equipment in IP Video, IP Physical Access Control / LAN/WAN infrastructure, and wireless LAN.
- Run low voltage cabling in commercial buildings, including drilling concrete walls and limited conduit work.
- Complete all wiring, connections, and equipment installations ensuring that CCTV systems are complete with total customer satisfaction and contractual requirements.
- Assist and interface with the Installation Team Lead or Project Manager regarding on-site scheduling of work activities and timely delivery of equipment.
- Conduct tests to ensure all newly installed systems and component devices are operational.
- Troubleshoot new system installations to ensure the proper functioning and to ensure the system meets local, county, state, or federal codes and legal and/or insurance requirements.
Wachter is a family-owned company since 1930 and we see each employee as a critical piece of the Wachter Family. With over 900 licenses across the country, Wachter serves commercial and industrial clients with the right technologies needed to keep them successful.
We design, install, and maintain the technologies that keep businesses operating efficiently. Our team of dedicated electricians, engineers, and technicians provides electrical, data, security, communications, and automation services to clients in numerous industries.
Follow us on , , , and .
Location: Dallas, TX
Job date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 02:05:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!