Job title: 3D CG Creative Director (Director, Creative Technology – R0989137)
Company: Dentsu International
Job description: Company Description
About Dentsu Creative
Part of Dentsu International, Dentsu Creative is a Global Creative Network that transforms brands and businesses through the power of Modern Creativity. Led by Global Chief Creative Officer Fred Levron, 9,000 experts across the globe work seamlessly together to deliver ideas that Create Culture, Shape Society and Invent the Future. Dentsu Creative was launched in June 2022 to address a client need for simplicity and will be Dentsu International’s sole creative network by the end of 2022.
3D CG Creative Director | CG Director
Dentsu Creative is seeking a senior level 3D CG Creative Director to lead a team of seven CG Artists creating real time web experiences for clients like Adidas, General Motors, Burberry, Intel and others. You will manage both the work and the team and offer technical guidance on how to create and meet the creative objectives.
You must have a strong technical background in real time web, with an excellent understanding of the technical requirements for optimizing models and virtual production as well as AR/VR, and Unreal Engine. You will be client facing, and work on scoping and budgeting a variety of deliverables and projects. A background in 3D for movies/television and gaming is strongly preferred. Dentsu Creative is building out their real time capabilities and hardware solutions in house (LED walls, etc) and you will lead the charge. A maker/DIY ethos is ideal for this role.
The purpose of this role is to work closely with the Business Directors and Strategy leads to help push the creative boundaries of the agency output for existing clients and new business opportunities. Present innovative and differentiating ideas and concepts to clients. They will be responsible for the creative ownership, creative strategic development and overall concept development.
- Will manage a team of seven 3D CG artists. Clients include Adidas, Heineken, Enterprise and others. Delivers integrated communications solutions, creative platforms and executions
- Realizes the strategic direction and creative vision of the agency
- Works closely with the creative department to develop differentiating and original creative concepts and award-winning creative work to impact a client’s business to great effect
- Ensures the best creative resource is allocated to the correct projects by liaising with traffic and project managers
- Takes ownership for the delivery of the client’s brand vision
- Creatively supports the effective use of technology and its applications to solve business problems
- Champions, defines and feeds back on the creative process and output; quality of briefs, regular reviews, feedback channels, creative quality and collaboration
- Proactively identifies opportunities to increase depth and breadth of creative work performed for clients, both from an understanding of the clients business and needs, but also from a knowledge of the industry, innovation and competitors
- Leads the creative team through regular work reviews, check-ins, goal planning and training. Mentors direct reports, creates a supportive culture and encourages people to consistently excel
- Identifies opportunities to create high profile blog posts, industry articles, internal presentations, industry presentations
- Minimum 8–10 years of experience in an agency environment.
- Experience with tech brands and events required.
- A stellar portfolio that shows creative range and exceptional attention to detail, brand storytelling across live, digital, 2D, and 3D media and production
- Ability to work independently – as well as lead a group including 3D Designers, Motion Graphics Artists, Technical Artists, and strategists – to solve complex creative problems and bring new ideas to life.
- Ability to own projects from concept through execution and delivery – you can and will jump in on conceptual design or edit 3D work when needed.
- Ability to manage, educate, and train and motivate other members of the team, providing constructive feedback that leads to consistent, quality work.
- Bridge the gap between our technology teams and our product teams for technical and process domain expertise using best in class 3D software.
- Contribute to the evolution of the way we think and how we make cutting edge products and campaigns leveraging advanced 3D tools.
- Strong Understanding of 3D Rendering, Cinema 4D, Maya, Octane/Vray and portfolio of Photoreal product work.
- Knowledge of both industry relevant 2D and 3D art software, including knowledge/experience with Maya, 3DS Max, C4D, Substance Painter, Photoshop, After Effects, etc.
- Ability to facilitate and clarify project expectations, objectives, and deliverables.
- Understanding of 3D scanning, AR/VR technologies and workflows
- Unity/Unreal Engine and Game Development experience
- Experience on set including but not limited to: Virtual Production, Product shots, Motion Capture.
- CAD Data management, file organization knowledge, Shotgun, Virtual Machines etc.
- Pipeline/Scripting knowledge
Working with us
Joining Dentsu Creative, you will be part of a creative network, delivering ideas that are brought alive in new ways. Along the way, you will team up with inspiring people across the world and become part of a truly inclusive culture where everyone is given the opportunity to thrive and create the best work of their careers; always learning and always listening to shape ideas, create culture and change behavior. By bringing together the capabilities, experience and relationships of our collective experts, the opportunities for personal growth and development are endless.
We are united by four signature strengths:
Boundless Creativity – Kitsune Fox: In Japanese culture – the Kitsune Fox sees the future. We run towards the future, forever asking: what’s next? Our imagination has no limit. Our clients seek us out because we believe there is no problem we cannot solve with the power of modern creativity.
Intelligent Scale – Ryujin Dragon: The Ryujin Dragon controls the ocean and the tides. We flow the right talent around the right brief in the right moment, wherever it sits in the world. We scale our unique ideas with precision, using intelligent technology to make personal connections with millions around the world.
Obsessive Craft – Orizuru Crane: The Orizuru Crane carries the soul up to paradise. It inspires the most classic and iconic Japanese origami. We elevate the soul of our work with an obsessive focus on craft, nurturing the next-gen craft skills needed to soar in a modern world.
Radical Collaboration – Kohaku Koi: The Koi swim upstream against the tide, united as one. We chart new territory through the power of radical collaboration. We seamlessly connect Creativity, Media and CXM to imagine new solutions at the intersection of craft, data, culture, and innovation.
We believe our work can only resonate in the modern world if the people behind it reflect the modern work. We can only be truly relevant when we create a truly inclusive culture where everyone can thrive. That means – we are tough on the work but gentle with each other. We lead with empathy and are always listening and always learning. We support each other, we cheer for each other, we win together. We celebrate difference as the only way to make the work that makes a difference.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $180,000-$200,000. Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit
Dentsu (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying. #LI-RB1
Expected salary: $180000 – 200000 per year
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 22:57:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!