Job title: 2023 Guggenheim Securities Investment Banking Summer Associate – Atlanta
Company: Guggenheim Partners
Job description: Position Summary
We are seeking exceptional Associate Interns to join our Investment Banking team in Atlanta. The Middle Markets (Private Equity Advisory) Group is a rapidly growing and critically important strategic initiative for Guggenheim Securities. Associate interns will join our highly collaborative team responsible for providing advisory services to private equity firms and middle market corporate clients with a strong emphasis on sell-side advisory engagements. Guggenheim offers an unparalleled opportunity to work as part of small transaction teams on major strategic assignments providing meaningful exposure to senior bankers and client representatives. Candidates should be top performers who are willing to work hard in an unstructured environment where initiative, creativity, maturity, and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued.
Associates play an integral role in evolving and enhancing client relationships and are active participants throughout the life of a transaction and beyond. Associates benefit tremendously from the experience and partnership they have with our Senior Managing Directors, Managing Directors, Vice Presidents, and Analysts.
Our 10-week internship program is designed for students interested in pursuing a career in investment banking with an emphasis on Middle Market M&A and sell-side advisory. The program includes formal training, mentoring programs, networking and social events, community service events and a strategic advisory project that provide our interns with a unique experience and invaluable look into our culture and the investment banking business. Interns become important members of our deal teams and work as a junior Associate on a variety of interesting strategic advisory assignments. You will have significant exposure to senior bankers and client representatives as well as the ability to create meaningful relationships with junior bankers.
We aspire to continuously refresh and cultivate a culture of Innovation, Diversity and Inclusion. In a client services business like ours, our team members are the product, the service and the offering. We will provide best-in-class Investment Banking training—formal and hands-on—as you develop your professional toolkit: M&A process management, business acumen, financial analysis, data analysis, soft-selling and presentation skills, professional communication (verbal, written and virtual), negotiations, and more.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals with exceptional quantitative and communication skills looking to jump-start the next phase of their career through hands-on training and experience at a growing firm. The Investment Banking unit will source most of its full-time Associate class from the internship program.
Essential Job Functions
- Support deal teams in developing, maintaining and using financial models
- Perform financial and valuation analysis such as discounted cash flow analysis, multiple valuation analysis
- Perform company and industry research and gain in-depth understanding of sector trends, client challenges and strategies in order to develop innovative and creative solutions for our clients
- Prepare client presentations and interacting with senior bankers, clients, lawyers and accountants
- Develop an in depth understanding of M&A deal processes
- Commitment to meet the demands of high volume and high-end client services
- Effective communicator – verbal, written and virtual
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong interest in problem solving and client services
- Highly organized, with the initiative and ability to multitask and work with limited supervision on a team
- Resourcefulness, intellectual curiosity, enthusiasm and a genuine interest in finance
- Desire to join a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial platform
- Demonstrable experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work under pressure as a part of a small team with top company executives and senior management
- No jobseeker will be considered if these basic qualifications are not met
- Must be:
- On track to receive MBA or J.D. degree in Spring 2024
Guggenheim Partners is a diversified financial services firm that delivers value to its clients through two primary businesses: Guggenheim Investments, a premier global asset manager and investment advisor, and Guggenheim Securities, a leading investment banking and capital markets business. Guggenheim’s professionals are based in offices around the world, and our commitment is to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity while advancing the strategic interests of our clients.
Guggenheim is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Learn more at GuggenheimPartners.com, and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuggenheimPtnrs.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 06:28:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!